What are Port Property Management’s rental requirements?
Port Property Management requires:
- A sufficient Risk Score- this “risk score” is a number that is calculated by a third party processing center using your credit score from all three credit bureaus. A Risk Score below 620 or a result of “N/A” requires a cosigner.
- Proof of income: Your gross monthly income must be at least two and a half times the monthly rent. If you are employed and/or don’t meet our income criteria, you will need to have a qualified co-signer.
- Last month’s rent deposit equal to one-month’s rent: This deposit will remain on file with your apartment until your tenancy/responsibility ends and will be applied to your last month’s rent.
- A security deposit: The amount will range from $300 up to one full month’s rent. The amount is determined by your Risk Score results. A lower Risk Score will result in a higher security deposit, while a higher Risk Score will result in a lower security deposit.
- First month’s rent payment.
For more details about rental requirements, see the full Rental Policy.
What is PPM’s pet policy?
PPM Pet Policy:
- Residents are permitted to have up to 2 pets total per apartment.
- There are some breed restrictions for dogs.
- All dogs and cats must be vaccinated and spayed/neutered.
- We require a meeting with all dogs. We approve/decline dogs based heavily on demeanor.
Please see the FULL pet policy here.
Are there restrictions on how many people can live in an apartment?
We adhere to all applicable fair housing laws. All advertised prices are based on one to two tenants per bedroom. An additional resident per bedroom may reside in the apartment, with PPM’s written approval, if occupancy guidelines permit.
Does PPM accept housing subsidies?
We do accept housing subsidies. We also provide affordable housing options through the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program.
How do I set up an appointment to view an apartment?
We encourage you to check out all of our apartments that we have listed on our website and give us a call. We will then schedule an appointment with you to look at the apartments that you are interested in.
After my showing, If I would like to apply for an apartment, what do I do?
Please review our Application Information page or give us a call and we can guide your through the next steps.
I have my move in date scheduled; when should I put the utilities that I pay for into my name?
You should have these utilities put into your name starting the day your lease begins. If the utility technician will need access to a locked area to set up services please give PPM advance notice of your appointment (must be scheduled Monday through Friday) so that we may assist the technician. If the technician needs access to your apartment you must be present to assist them as PPM will not be allowed to enter your apartment.
Do I have to sign a year lease?
We do require a signed 1-year lease for most properties. If you are looking for a shorter lease, please contact us.