At 439 Congress, 341 Cumberland, 30 Preble, 18 Casco, and 638 Congress only dogs 75 lbs and under are allowed.
The following dog breeds are NOT allowed (NO EXCEPTIONS). Any full or mix of: Rottweiler, Doberman, Chow, German Shepherd, Staffordshire Terrier/Pit bull, American Bulldog, Bullmastiff, Dalmatian, Akita, Husky, Great Dane, Shar Pei or any other breed that Management deems unacceptable.
- Pets must be licensed and immunized in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Any dog residing in the aforementioned apartment may be subject to a DNA test via a cheek swab at any point during the lease term. PPM will store the sample in a PooPrintsTM database. If feces are found on PPM property, a sample will be taken for DNA analysis. If it is found that your pet’s DNA matches the sample, you will be charged a $200 fine.
- Cat owners must provide a Veterinarian letter confirming: neutered or spayed, vaccinated against feline leukemia, rabies and distemper.
- Dog owners must provide a Veterinarian letter confirming: neutered or spayed, breed, age and weight, vaccinated against rabies and distemper.
- No more than 2 pets are allowed per apartment.
- A pet’s weight at full maturity may not exceed 75 pounds. Pets that weigh over 75 pounds will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis as to which (if any) available apartments would accommodate them.
- The resident will not allow the pet(s) to become a nuisance to other residents which includes, but is not limited to, biting, excessive barking and whining.
- All dogs must be at least 1 year of age.
- Cats and dogs must be housebroken, and no pet offspring are allowed.
- Residents will pay a $10 a month fee per cat and $25 a month fee per dog. This is payable in advance on the first of each month as additional rent in accordance with the terms of their lease.
- Pets may not urinate or defecate on PPM grounds. Resident is responsible for immediate clean-up of pet waste. Pet waste must be disposed of properly in plastic bags and placed in dumpster or other designated garbage removal station.
- Pets are not allowed outside the Apartment unless on a leash (in accordance with local leash laws) and under the control of Resident or Resident’s designated responsible person.
- Pets must not be left alone, at any time, outside the Apartment. Animal Control will be called to remove any pets left unattended on the property.
- The pet shall not be tied to any fixed object (such as a tree, handrail, door, etc).
- Resident will be held responsible for any damage or injury the pet(s) cause(s) to the Apartment, the Community or any Port Property Management staff, residents, visitors or guests, and shall promptly pay for all costs incurred by Port Property Management or any resident as a result of the pet’s actions.
- Apartments with pets are subject to periodic inspections. A 24 hour (minimum) notice will be provided.
- Resident is responsible for any extermination fees incurred as a result of keeping a pet in the Apartment.
- A dog interview is required, and must include the owner and pet along with the requested documentation. PPM will take a photo of owner and dog.
- Pets may not cause any unpleasant odors in the resident’s apartment or any other part of the building. Cats must be provided with adequate size litter boxes and litter must be changed regularly and disposed of in a sanitary manner in accordance with the buildings trash system and rules.
- Pets must not interfere with the job function of any PPM staff member or contractor at anytime. We inspect apartments 1 to 4 times a year, or more, for bed bugs; you will need to remove your dog from the apartment for these inspections. If you have a cat, you may place it in the bathroom, with the door closed for the inspection.
- Upon maintenance request, dogs must be restricted to an area not affected by the service request.
- Pet(s) may not interfere with PPM’s ability to show and re-lease the apartment after the resident has given their Notice to Leave. If the pet interferes with PPM’s ability to re-lease the apartment, the resident will be responsible for a maximum of one month’s rent after vacating the premises or until the apartment is rented, whichever comes first.
- Any visiting guest accompanied with a pet must comply with the terms of this agreement and may not have an extended stay of more than 24 hours without prior PPM approval.
- Pet owners must provide the name, address and telephone number of an emergency contact person whom agrees to assume immediate custody of pet in the case of unavailability, serious illness or death of the owner. If contact does not assume immediate custody of dog upon request, PPM will make arrangements to have the pet removed by local animal control personnel. PPM will not be held responsible for any expenses incurred with removal of the pet.
- Any violation of this addendum and the Lease may be terminated by PPM by five (5) day notice in writing to the resident as per Section 14 of the lease. Breech of Pet Addendum: Upon receiving written notice from Lessor that the pet is deemed undesirable, for whatever reason, if the resident should keep the pet on the property, this shall be deemed a breach of the Lease, and is cause for eviction upon (5) days written notice. The Lessor will require possession of the leased premises and collect all damages as provided in the Lease and this Pet Addendum.
- If a pet shows any aggression (including, but not limited to, growling, barking, and/or biting) PPM will terminate the lease with a Five Day Notice.
Local Emergency Pet Contact
Permission to keep a pet on the premises may be revoked at any time by Management if Resident fails to comply with any of these Rules and Regulations.
Port Property Management Date